Every fall the gym slows down for about 30 days, usually between September 15th and October 15th. The beautiful weather, high school and JFL football, volleyball, and little kids’ soccer leagues keeps our members busy. It gives us a nice break to catch our breath, plan for the upcoming winter, and do a little late spring cleaning. This fall will be no different.
In two weeks we plan on starting a small remodel at the gym. Since the loan for the addition is taking a little longer than expected, we decided a small remodel will allow us to do everything we planned with the addition without actually having the addition. The remodel will consist of:
- Tearing three of the four tanning rooms down and turfing that area. This will give us an extra 400-500 square feet of space for new equipment without overcrowding the gym. We WILL still have 1 tanning bed, the red bed.
- Moving the squat racks from the basketball court area to the tanning room area. This will give the parents more room to watch the little kids’ activities. It will also give us more rooms for our classes.
- Removing the current flooring in the basketball area and replacing it with carpet. It will be easier on the hands, knees, and feet during bootcamps, Piloxing, and GloKick. Plus, members will still be able to play basketball, and we will have a large area to push the prowler sleds.
With the new equipment and much needed added space, we plan on offering at least 2 new classes this winter:
- A coed boxing class – After talking with multiple gym owners at a conference we attended 2 months ago, they all agreed their boxing classes were the most popular classes at their gyms. Women and men LOVED beating the crap out of a punching bag for 45 minutes. You can expect heavy bags, planks, jump ropes, and more.
- Our Bad Man Training class – A complete 3-day-per-week program designed specifically to build muscle and strength. It’s the perfect blend of Crossfit, powerlifting, and bodybuilding. Expect deadlifts, floor presses, chins, farmer’s walks, and we may even throw a few hurdle jumps in there.
We’ll also be able to offer more programs for kids, as well as more athletic programs. We’ll even have a few new toys Reggie can torture you with during Morning Madness.
And now for the bad news… Because we’re tearing down 3 of the 4 tanning rooms, we will not have room for massages. So if you have a massage gift certificate, please use it by October 12th. We want to thank Sarah for everything she’s done for Ageless. She’s a great masseuse and a great person. As soon as we find out where she’s moving to, we’ll let you know.