Injuries in youth sports over the last decade have ballooned. In fact, if your child plays on a traveling team, at some point in time, he’ll probably be injured. It might be a tender shoulder, a sore elbow, or a season-ending ACL tear. Whatever it may be, one thing is sure – it will keep him off the playing field. And if he’s not playing, he’s not getting better.
Jr. Spartacus – Sports Performance AND Injury Prevention
Although a multitude of factors have caused the epidemic of youth sports injuries, one of the primary reasons is overuse. Young athletes are doing the same motions over and over and over again. Unfortunately, they don’t have the strength and flexibility to recover properly.
That’s where we can help your little all star reach his potential. During our Jr. Spartacus program, we focus on improving:
- Deceleration – the ability to stop safely and efficiently
- Acceleration – the ability to start and explode safely and efficiently
- Movement patterns – basics patterns like the squat, hip hinge, and horizontal pull that all sport rely on
- Dynamic flexibility – establishing a safe range of motion for sporting movements
- Speed Mechanics – proper foot, arm, and body positioning to make sure there is no wasted movement so your athlete can move as quickly as possible
- Agility Mechanics – proper foot, knee, and hip angles to quickly decelerate and accelerate on the field
Most importantly, we try to make sure our young athletes develop a passion for fitness and athletics. By continually creating small wins and using positive reinforcement, we instill a sense of confidence in your child. In the end, we hope he develops a “growth mindset“, a.k.a “I may struggle with this drill/technique/skill now, but with enough practice I WILL master it.” And that is what a true champion is made of!
Jr. Spartacus Starts Soon
Overall, this class is designed to build a firm foundation on which strength and power can built upon later on as the child matures. By doing so, your child has a huge advantage when he begins strength training in high school. He will literally be years ahead of his teammates and competitors.
For more information, please call us at 217-839-2484 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program starts Wednesday August 21st at 5:30pm and will continue every Wednesday. It costs $20 per month and is open to 4th-8th grade boys and girls. If you missed our first class, don’t worry. You can always sign up late.