It’s that time of the week when boys are turned into men.
2 weeks from tonight we’ll hold out first Jr. Spartacus combine with a pizza party afterwards. The next two Jr. Spartacus training sessions will focus on preparing the our little Spartans for the combine.
A few reminders:
- It’s open to 5th-8th grade children
- Cost is $5 per class or $20 per month. Unfortunately due to insurance requirements, we still do not allow kids younger than high school to join the gym. The $20 monthly membership is just for the Jr. Spartacus class.
- It will be supervised. All exercises included in the program can be progressed or regressed depending on the level of each child. Safety is our number 1 concern followed closely by fun.
- Each class will last 30 minutes and will end by 6:30. Please have your child there by 6 so they will see the exercise demonstrations. Also, Spartacus starts at 6:30 so please be there by 6:30 to pick your child up.
Phase 1 – Cardio
The class will split up into two groups. One group will perform the following line drills while the other group performs a pushup pyramid: 10-8-6-6-8-10.
2. Lateral Shuffle
Phase 2 – Mini Combine
1. Tire flips down and back
2. Farmer’s Walks down and back
3. Agility Ladder w/ hurdles
4. 20 box jumps
5. 20 Med Ball Wall Tosses
6. 20 Med Ball Slams
7. TRX Row 10 reps
8. Valslide Mountain Climbers 30 reps