Warning: If you have low back pain, are new to exercise, or have a weak core, do not perform this circuit. It’s too tough and can possibly lead to injury. In fact, I don’t even allow our athletes to perform the circuit. It was designed for the diehards like Davis, Seketa, and Rhodes who know no limits, feel no pain, and enjoy an excruciating challenge.
#1 Tri-Set Anti-extension
1. TRX Bodysaw to Pike x10-12
2. Ab Wheel Rollout with 2 second pause x10-12
3. RKC Style Plank with Chains x30 seconds
#2 Tri-Set Anti-Flexion
1. Barbell Corner Around the World x10-12
2. 1-Arm Farmer’s Walks x 20 yards
3. Seated Slam Ball Rotations x20 reps
*Do not rotate the torso. The arms create and sustain the movement.
#3 Tri-Set Flexion Top to Bottom
1. Kettlebell GHR Sit-Ups x 10 reps
*Do not extend past parallel to the ground
2. Cable Kneeling Cab Crunches x10-12 reps
3. Sprinter Sit-ups x 30 seconds
#4 Tri-Set Flexion Bottom to Top
1. Hanging Leg Raises x 10-12 reps
2. Reverse Crunches – 15-20 reps
3. L-Sits x 30 seconds
Complete one entire circuit moving from one exercise to the next. Rest 20 seconds between exercises within a tri-set and 30-60 seconds between tri-sets.
Each week try to complete an additional circuit. Do not add additional reps to each exercise. Increase the weight used instead.