I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious. – Vince Lombardi
It’s baaaaaack!!!. Spartacus, the high-intensity, fat-blasting, testosterone-filled, sweat-pouring, get you shredded class for men of all ages and fitness levels, is restarting. And this year it’s going to be better and bigger than ever with a little twist at the end.
Wednesday evenings at 6:30 and Saturday mornings at 10 (unless the class would prefer an earlier/later time). The first class starts Saturday, January 19th.
Free for members. $5 for non-members
Classes will be 30-40 minutes long. Each class will have 30 minutes of high intensity training guaranteed to get your heart pounding, sweat glands oozing, testosterone pumping, and muscles begging you to stop. And don’t worry, this isn’t your typical bootcamp-style class with pink dumbbells and Adelle blaring over the speakers. We’re talking about rope slams, battling ropes, sledgehammer swings, box jumps, 100lb KB pulls, med ball slams, agility ladder crawls, med ball wall toss, tire battles, sled pushes, and more all performed to the soundtrack of musical artists like Godsmack, Jay-Z, and Eminem.
At the end of each class, we’ll perform an intense 10 minute ab circuit guaranteed to rip your abs apart. Planks, kettlebell crunches, 1-arm farmer’s walks, Pallof Presses, Valslide bodysaws, and a handful of other ridiculous exercises.
Who is it for:
- If you’re getting ready for an upcoming sport, this class is for you. Not only will you be in shape, but you’ll be in sport-specific shape. It includes anaerobic and aerobic conditioning.
- It’s never too early to get in beach-body shape. Get a jump on getting shredded for this summer.
- If you get bored running on the treadmill but still want a cardiovascular workout, try this out. It’s the quickest, funnest cardio there is.
- If you run marathons or 5ks and your knees are hurting, try this cross-training workout out. Not only will it save your joints, but it may just shave a few seconds off of your time.
- If you’re constantly sore from your strength training workouts and feel stiff, this workout will get your heart pumping and help flush out your system. Not only will you feel better, but you’ll also move better.
At the end of 8 weeks, those Spartans that attend at least 75% of the classes will be on the all male team in “Battle of the Sexes”, a competition between the Spartans and Bootcamp Babes! Winning team gets a free champions t-shirt and most importantly bragging rights!