BenGil Boosters Biggest Winner Contest
Thanks to the success of the Mt. Everest Challenge, the BenGil Boosters Biggest Winner contest will be slightly different than last year’s contest. And by different, we mean better!
This year we are going to change the rules. Instead of it being all about results (weight loss), we’re going to focus on the process, much like how we did during the Mt. Everest Challenge. We’re not going to bore you with the details why process goals/challenges are so much better than results-based goals/challenges (click here), but just know that they’ll get you to the results you want much quicker!
- This is a team contest. You’ll need to get a group of 4 people. If you can’t find a group of 4 people, don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll have a lot of members without a team. We still want you to sign up. We’ll put you on a team once everyone signs up. You’ll also need a team name.
- You must be a member of Ageless to participate.
- The contest will start March 25th and run through May7th (~6 weeks). You will need to sign up by March 19th. You can post your team on our facebook page or sign up at the front desk starting next Monday.
- Instead of weight loss, donations are based on a point system. Different exercise activities will get you points. For every 10 points your team earns, we’ll donate $1 to the BenGil Boosters. See the list below for the point system:
- 1 mile on the treadmill, elliptical, or outdoors = 1 point
- 1 mile on a bike (indoors or outdoors) = 0.5 point
- 500 feet on the Jacob’s Ladder = 1 point
- Attend any of our classes (30 minute classes or an hour) = 5 points
- 1 personal training session = 5 points
- 1 “clipboard” training session = 3 points
- Point calculations will be based on the “honor system” except with the classes and “clipboard” workouts. We’ll have a sign-up sheet posted on the door prior to every class. You MUST sign the sheet to get the points. For the “clipboard” workouts, you MUST fill out your training log to get the points. All other exercise options will be recorded by you. We’ll have preprinted forms to record your points each day. Fill out the form prior to leaving the gym, and leave it in our BenGil Boosters box located next to the bench as soon as you enter the gym. Your forms MUST put in the box. Do NOT post your points on facebook, do NOT leave them on the front counter, and do NOT tell them to an employee. This will minimize any potential discrepancies, as we will check the box every morning and calculate the points.
- We’ll post the weekly totals on our facebook page, website, and on the leader board in the gym. This contest will be run much better than the Mt. Everest Challenge was. In all honesty, we did not think the Mt. Everest Challenge was going to be as popular as it was. Thus, we were little overwhelmed, especially since it was done during our busy months. This will not be the case with the BenGil Boosters Biggest Winner contest.
- If your team reaches 200 points by the end of the 6 weeks, each member will win a free limited edition BenGil Boosters Biggest Winner t-shirt. The team that has the highest points on May 7th at 11:59 PM will be declared the Biggest Winners. They’ll receive a free team dinner at CP’s Five and Dine as well as “All I Do Is Win” t-shirts. Don’t fret if you’re not on that team. Even if your team doesn’t have the highest points at the end of the 6 weeks, we’re still going to draw the name of another team that will receive a free team dinner at CP’s Five and Dine. The higher your team finishes, the more chances you have to win.
As you can see, this is definitely a process-based challenge. Show up, do work, and reward the school. It can’t possibly be any clearer or more concrete. No excuses. You either do it or you don’t. Unlike weight loss, the “if-then” is crystal clear.
By the way, we’re guaranteeing that as a group, we’ll lose more weight this year than last year, even though it’s not our focus. It happens every time. If you focus solely on the process, the results will come. It’s what every successful body transformation has in common: the members focused on the process. In fact, March’s member of the month did this and had unbelievable results (over 70lbs lost).
Now go out and start getting your team together.