Saturday’s Spartacus workout at 11am is complete. 45 minutes of testosterone-filled intensity is about to begin.
A few things to note:
- Tire flips are outside so dress appropriately
- The template is created for partners: one rests for 30 seconds while the other one busts his ass for 30 seconds
- Class size is limited to 12 guys, so let us know for sure if you’re coming
- This isn’t cardio. This is high intensity training. It doesn’t matter how long you can go; it matters how hard you can go. If it’s only 15-20 seconds, that’s perfect. Our goal is to tap into the type II muscle fibers and work the anaerobic energy system while losing as little muscle mass as possible. If you want to look like a sprinter, this is your workout. If you want to look like a marathon runner, jump on the treadmill and run for 45 minutes. However, that doesn’t mean your lungs won’t be burning. They will be.
And the workout…..
First 20 minutes: High intensity training 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off tri-sets
- Set 1: Battling Ropes- alternate, box jumps, seated tornado twists
- Set 2: Fat Bar Push Press, Kettlebell 1-arm swing, TRX BodySaw
- Set 3: Med Ball Slams, Sled Pushes, Farmer’s Walk with DB’s
- Set 4: Rope Climb, Kettlelbell Deadlift, 1-leg Band Lifts
- Set 5: Sledgehammer Swings, Sled Pulls, Kettlebell Ab Crunch
- Set 6: Tire Battle, Tire Flips, Kettlebell Plank Rows
2nd 20 minutes: Complex Training 10-8-6-4-2
- Barbell RDL, Row, Push Press, Goodmorning, Squat
3rd 5-10 minutes: Pump Training 10-10-10
- Abdominal Tr-Set: Med Ball leg lifts, Med ball crunches, Med Ball Exchange
- Chest Quad Set: Unilateral pushup, Walking pushup, Diamond Pushup, Explosive pushup
Getting ready to enjoy it!